When you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, you deserve to receive fair representation and compensation under the law. Car accidents are one of the most common reasons to hire a personal injury attorney. However, they are not the only reason and there are several other situations where you may need the help of a legal professional like Brian Robert Murphy. Here is a brief overview of situations where you may need a personal injury attorney, the nature of automobile accidents, and why hiring a skilled attorney is so important.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury law covers a wide range of incidents, broadly defined as physical or psychological harm done due to the negligence of another person, business entity, or government entity. Common examples of this include injuries that occur in the workplace, damage due to defective products, personal malpractice, slip and fall accidents, and automobile accidents. Reasons to hire legal assistance if you’ve been hurt can include.
- You’ve Been Injured: no matter the source of your injury, you deserve payment for various associated costs such as medical treatment, therapy, loss of wages, continuing care, pain and suffering, and more. Injuries can vary as well, ranging from temporary to long-term disability, which can change the scope of your life. No matter the severity of your injury or its time frame you deserve fair compensation.
- Unclear Liability: establishing who is liable for an injury can be a complex thing. When the situation is unclear, legal representation can help prove your innocence and also provide evidence of who is responsible for the incident.
- Handling Insurance Companies: when you’ve been injured you have a lot of important things to focus on such as your recovery, your mental well-being, your family, and in some cases, career considerations. When recovering, the last thing you want is to spend hours on the phone with various insurance companies. Your lawyer can handle these phone calls and ensure you get what you are due, and all proper paperwork is filed.
Automobile accidents are of particular importance due to how common they are and the odds of you encountering one due to your daily activities. Commuting for both professional and personal reasons is a common daily event for most and, due to this, automobile-related incidents have become a large part of personal injury cases. When dealing with automotive cases your attorney can manage the various specific needs automotive-related incidents can cause. These can include.
- Collection of Evidence: in automotive accidents, there are several points of evidence that can be collected. This can include police reports, witness statements, camera footage if available, and accident recreation.
- Expert Witnesses: one area where legal representation can assist your case is in calling expert witnesses. Auto accidents can be complex with many moving parts and in some cases, multiple drivers. In especially complex accidents, your lawyer can handle accident recreation companies and experts to explain exactly what happened and who is at fault.
- Communication: in auto accidents, there are often multiple insurance companies involved in all the drivers involved in the accident. Your attorney can manage communication with your insurance company and all other involved insurance providers.
Why Hiring an Attorney Is Important
When you’ve been injured you deserve to be made whole and have your day in court. By hiring legal representation, you ensure you have someone in your corner to fight for you, meet all the filing requirements of the court, and offer good advice. When you need legal representation in Greenville, SC click here to contact the experienced professionals at the Law Offices of Brian Robert Murphy. You can rest assured they will do everything in their power to ensure you get everything you are entitled to and that you will have your day in court.